This was a tough list to put together. Many worthy videos didn’t make the cut. Here are the top 10 80’s throwback videos.
10. Madonna – Like a Prayer
In 1989 this was a controversial video. Not so much today.
9. Twisted Sister – We’re Not Gonna Take It
Dad has anger issues.
8. Dire Straits – Money for Nothin’
Mark Knopfler wrote the song after overhearing a worker at an appliance store in New York City commenting on a music video. Sting sings “I Want my MTV”.
7. Cyndi Lauper – Girls Just Want to Have Fun
That’s WWF(E) legend “Captain” Lou Albano playing the role of Cyndi’s father.
6. David Lee Roth – Just A Gigolo
The funniest video on the list…it makes fun of some of the biggest music stars of the 80’s.
5. Michael Jackson – Smooth Criminal
This video is so…smooth.
4. The Cars – You Might Think
This was the coolest video ever when it came out.
3. Peter Gabriel – Sledgehammer
Cutting edge for 1986.
2. a-ha – Take on Me
Still one of the most unique videos ever made.
1. Michael Jackson – Thriller
The most influential pop music video of all time.
What do you think of this list? What would you change? What’s your top 10? Share your comments!